Saturday, July 29, 2017

summer 2017



I’m in the flow of too much writing to now have a useful update, but maybe this is good enough: I took a break from project development (and too much obsession with news—as well as having a life!) to respond to someone’s interest in Heidegger and university reform. I posted a long note on that. But I didn’t indicate how I think that my more-or-less Habermasian approach to university excellence implicitly resolves Heidegger’s concerns of a very different era. And my way forward is post-Habermasian (in an honoring manner of son to father), being developed as this entire website (rendered by my “want” posting, July 1, about balancing desire and need).

Maybe I’ll have more to share before August 12.
I hope.



July 22 | My comment at an excellent opinion article by NYTimes’ Charles M. Blow against The Donald won me a “NYT Picks” label:
On target column. But the ugly truth is an echo of old Ma Bell: "I'm the president. I don't have to care." No, it's uglier: They're marketing people. They know they can buy the ratings they need for the 2018 election. In the meantime, they can live with low ratings, because marketing can always plump up the short memories of the suckered voter. The "voters" are consumers, honey, not citizens. So, why should Trump care? He'll be unforgettable in the real estate market after he gets impeached. What's it to him? Now is his swan song, America last.


July 22 | I don’t use WordPress anymore. But I see that the link to my abandoned blogging via WordPress is a perpetual “Error” message, due to “down” server link. That doesn’t matter to me, but it’s worth noting that all of that earlier blogging was transferred to “blog blog blog,” linked from the home page, top right.